Alcohol withdrawal syndrome is one aspect of alcohol addiction problems, but how do you overcome alcohol withdrawal? The key to how to overcome alcohol withdrawal will be to eliminate these symptoms as much as possible. If you are an alcoholic, or you have a loved one or friend who is, then it is best to consider alcohol rehab Denver located where you will be able to do outpatient treatment. This is especially true for those who may live in close proximity to any rehab clinic or establishment.
The definition of alcohol withdrawal syndrome universally accepted in the medical literature requires several conditions:
- Interruption or reduction of a strong and prolonged consumption of alcohol
- Later appearance, in a few hours or days, of 2 or more of the following symptoms: autonomic hyperactivity (sweating, tachycardia, hypertension); trembling of hands; insomnia; transient tactile, auditory, or visual hallucinations; nausea or vomiting; psychomotor agitation; anxiety; and convulsive seizures of great evil.
- The symptoms of the previous criterion produce clinically significant alterations in the cognitive, social, or occupational sphere.
- Symptoms are not due to another defined medical or psychiatric illness
Early or Late Syndrome
Thus, we would have:
- The early or minor withdrawal