Symptoms of Corona Virus (COVID-19)
The initial symptoms of Corona virus infection or COVID-19 can cause flu symptoms, which are fever, runny nose, dry cough, sore throat, and headache. After that, members can be deleted and returned. Patients with symptoms that can cope with high fever, cough with phlegm and even bleeding, difficulty breathing, and chest pain. These symptoms appear when compiling against Corona virus.
In general, there are 3 general symptoms that can indicate someone is infected with the Corona virus, namely :
- Fever (body temperature above 38 degrees Celsius)
- Shortness of Breath
The symptoms of COVID-19 generally appear within 2 days to 2 weeks after the patient is exposed to the Corona virus.
Causes of Corona Virus (COVID-19)
Corona virus infection or COVID-19 is caused by coronavirus, which is a group of viruses that infect the respiratory system. In most cases, coronaviruses only cause mild to moderate respiratory infections, such as flu. However, this virus can also cause severe respiratory infections, such as pneumonia, Middle-East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS).
A person can get COVID-19 through a variety of ways, namely :
- Accidentally inhaling saliva splashes (droplets) that come out when people with COVID-19 cough or sneeze
- Hold the mouth or nose without washing hands first after touching an object affected by saliva splashes of a COVID-19 sufferer
- Close contact with sufferers of COVID-19
Corona virus can infect anyone, but the effect will be more dangerous or even fatal if it occurs in elderly people, pregnant women, people who have certain diseases, smokers, or people whose immune systems are weak, for example in cancer patients.
Corona Virus Diagnosis (COVID-19)
To determine whether the patient is infected with the Corona virus, the doctor will ask about the symptoms experienced by the patient and whether the patient has just traveled or lived in an area that has a case of Corona virus infection before symptoms appear. The doctor will also ask if the patient has any contact with someone who is suffering or is suspected of having COVID-19.
To confirm the diagnosis of COVID-19, the doctor will carry out the following tests:
- Rapid test
- Swab test or PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test to detect Corona virus in sputum
- CT scan or chest X-ray to detect infiltrates or fluid in the lungs
Corona Virus Treatment (COVID-19)
Corona virus infection or COVID-19 can not be treated, but there are some steps that doctors can take to reduce symptoms and prevent the spread of the virus, namely:
- Referring patients with severe COVID-19 to undergo treatment and caratina in a referral hospital
- Encourage sufferers of COVID-19 to drink lots of water to maintain body fluid levels
- Encourage sufferers of COVID-19 to do independent isolation and adequate rest
- Provide fever and pain relievers that are safe and in accordance with the patient’s condition